Lucky Number 7
In honor of Plaid Swan’s Seventh Birthday, we decided to pay a quick tribute to the number seven – the good, the bad, and the ugly. Lucky number seven anyone? Here are seven things that make the number seven so special.
1. There are seven colors in the rainbow. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue (our favorite), indigo, and violet. Rainbows appear in seven colors because water droplets break white sunlight into the seven-color spectrum. Fun fact: you can only see a rainbow if the sun is behind you and the rain is in front!
2. Snow White has seven dwarfs. Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, Dopey, and Doc. Our favorite? We think we resemble them all throughout the work week 😉 Heigh ho, heigh ho, it’s off to work we go!
3. The seventh President of the United States was Andrew Jackson. Next time you could use a little extra cash, ask somebody for a Jackson and poof – you’ll be $20 richer.
4. Never say SEVEN. When playing a game of craps, you must never ever say “seven.” Now, while this concept has no real effect on the game (except that players fear the very word “seven” while the game is in progress), it is considered bad luck to say the lucky number seven out loud. Instead, some players will say the word, “word,” when talking about the dreaded seven. Some players also call the seven, “it.”
5. Seven days of the week. We all have our favorite, but most of the time it lands on whatever day we’re having a team lunch.
6. Seven stars form the Big Dipper. Dubhe, Merak, Phecda, Megrez, Alioth, Mizar, and Alkaid, aka the seven brightest stars in the Ursa Major constellation. Have you ever spotted the Big Dipper?
7. It’s Plaid Swan’s Seventh Birthday. That’s right we’ve made 7 trips around the sun, we’ve explored over seven new cities, and we’ve met tons of new clients. If that doesn’t call for a celebration, I’m not sure what does! Happy Seventh to us!
About Plaid Swan
Plaid Swan is a women-owned marketing communications firm operating out of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The firm represents clients across the United States in public relations, media planning, social and digital media, graphic design and strategic planning. Visit us online at PlaidSwan.com or on our social media channels as @PlaidSwan. Lines are meant to be crossed.